Because we are around all types of dogs all of the time, people frequently ask us to recommend the right dog for them. We try to find a dog to perfectly match a person’s lifestyle.
In this list, we highlight some dogs that are well suited to you outdoor types. If you like to run, hike or play outside, here are 5 dog breeds to consider:
- Vizsla: The Vizsla thrives as part of an active family that provides daily exercise. He is lively and affectionate to his people, and possesses an above-average ability to take training.
- Weimaraner: Lauded for his ability to work with great speed, fearlessness and endurance when on the hunt, the Weimaraner is also known for being an easily trainable, friendly and obedient member of the family.
- Boxer: One of this breed’s most notable characteristics is its desire for human affection, especially from children. They are patient and spirited with children, but also protective, making them a popular choice for families. The Boxer requires little grooming, but needs daily exercise.
- Labrador Retriever: An ideal sporting and family dog, the Labrador Retriever thrives as part of an active family or as a trusted hunting companion.
- Terriers: The Terrier breeds are more active than many other breeds, requiring plenty of exercise every day. They relate well to children and can adapt to city, country, and suburban life.
Remember, these are not “must follow” recommendations, but they can at least steer you in the right direction. Next week: Top 5 Dog Breeds for Homebodies!